We honor the secrecy of bank deposits and the confidentiality of Personal Data, as mandated under and in accordance with prevailing banking and data privacy laws, rules and regulations in the Republic of the Philippines. Accordingly, unless otherwise required by applicable laws, rules and regulations, we will not disclose Personal Data that you have provided to us without securing your permission.
We confirm that our bank only employs the following secure channels to collect Personal Data:
- In person through trained personnel and/or accredited service providers, at our branch counters and in the course of marketing initiatives;
- Via mobile or telephone through our authorized bank personnel;
- Through electronic channels.
We guarantee that your Personal Data are protected against unauthorized access through tested policies and procedures that we regularly assess and refine, as well as reliable systems and infrastructure that we continuously upgrade.
Our service providers and program partners are accredited and regularly evaluated based on metrics that include compliance with our agreed security, confidentiality and data privacy standards.
Our employee development program includes training in data privacy and confidentiality of classified information. We stress that you, as the data subject, have the following rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173):
i. The right to be informed whether your Personal Data is being or has been processed, what data is being processed, and for what purpose plus how such processing is being or has been conducted;
ii. The right to demand reasonable access to your Personal Data with our bank and obtain a copy of such Personal Data;
iii. The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data;
iv. The right to dispute and rectify any inaccuracy with or error found within your Personal Data with us;
v. The right to deletion or blocking of your Personal Data with us upon discovery and substantial proof that your Personal Data with us are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which such Personal Data were collected;
vi. The right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your Personal Data; and
vii. The right to file a complaint.
We declare that we collect from you the following Personal Data:
- Personal data
- Employment details and information on your financial position and capacity
- Transaction details with third parties
- Video, image and sound recordings that you have submitted in the course of account opening process
- Video, image and sound recordings of your visit in any of our branches and/or as may be disclosed to you when you reach us through our other channels
We may also collect information not considered personal information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173) that can be read on your device when you use our electronic channels.
We collect said information for the following purposes:
- For RBA and RBA’s accredited service providers and program partners (i) to further secure you from fraud, unauthorized and illegal transactions, and anti-money laundering and terrorist financing risks, (ii) to provide you with a customized experience and/or to offer you products and services that are relevant and suitable to you, (iii) to participate in any automated teller machine network, electronic fund and/or credit card network, (iv) to validate, verify and/or update provided information and supporting documents, and (v) to comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, contractual obligations, or orders of courts or quasi-judicial and administrative offices; and
- As may be necessary in the settlement of disputes or claims regarding your account/s or in defense of our bank and/or any of its officers and personnel.
As our partner in safeguarding your Personal Data, we rely on your commitment. The user voluntarily submits personal information to Rural Bank of Angeles, Inc. for use in his Electronic Banking transaction and in conformity with the provisions of, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Law, the General Banking Act and the Anti-Money Laundering Act (AMLA). Further, the user undertakes:
a. To submit any change or update in his personal information.
b. To employ the necessary measures to likewise protect your Personal Data, including keeping your passwords and security information safe and updated;
c. To communicate with us only through our branches and official channels, while taking appropriate security and confidentiality safeguards necessary on your end;
d. To immediately reach out to us in case any of your Personal Data had been (or you suspect may have been) accessed, handled or otherwise dealt with without your consent.
For queries, clarifications or requests on matters related to your Personal Data, please visit any of our branches or get in touch with our Customer Care Contact Center at 0998-4300-777.